Move Over Clint Eastwood

dirty harry

I’ve never seen a Filipino sound so much like Dirty Harry snarling “Go ahead, make my day.” Clint Eastwood could learn a thing or two from this Aquino tough guy.

“I shall pursue all of you and hold you accountable. No hard feelings.”

Quote of the year.

President Noynoy Aquino

2013 SONA

And I think he means it.

Comments
47 Responses to “Move Over Clint Eastwood”

It appears Benigno Aquino’s pursuit of happiness stopped with Ate Glo and her personal supreme court chief justice Renato Corona. There are gotta be more. Ombudsman need to be told who to check out? Start with politician’s SALN. Naaaah, never mind. Filipnos are not goot in numbers. Numbers is observation, seeing pattern and forming them into logical sequence. Filipinos are not of scientific mind that rquires a language of mathematics which Filipnos are very very poor at.

What is this ombdusman doing? They are acting like my typical OFWs led-commanded-controlled and they meekly follow. And that is what ombudsman is doing right now. Waiting for Benigno Aquino’s next target.

Ombudsman is just waiting for the next violator of privacy rights in the form of little red riding hood and mr. anonymous waiving my photocopied foreign account transactions. Of course, violation of privacy is goot in the PHilippines it works in the Philippines but again it takes benigno Aquino to order ombudsman to go after the violators of privacy rights.

That is why Zimmerman got off the hook because Americans know the limits of their laws. The lady judge told them Hold-your-Ground is not the issue. Of course deLorean also got off the hook because he was entrapped regardless deLorean bought drugs from FBI undercover. But this is the Philippines where they go to ivy-schools and never learn a thing but that precious diploma hanging in the living room. That is the reason why ivy-school graduate from Ateneo, la Salle and U.P. never make it into American society because what they learn in the Philippines could have been applicable in America but they just do knot know how to apply it. They gotta be told.

So was Casey Anthony who was obviously guilty … so was O.J. absolutely guilty … and so many others. Next time the U.S. should outsource potential guilty people be tried in the Philippines because it works all the time.

I don’t agree with you on this one, Mariano. I think the Ombudsman is very active pursuing cases. They are dealing with thousands of cases. It takes time to put a case together.

2. Rein Luna says:

Can’t forget Bongbong Marcos’ expression when NoyNoy made a mention of his pop’s cronies. Even Imelda felt “weak in the knee.”

I’m disappointed on how there was little to no mention of the FOI bill and the West Philippine Sea. I don’t mind passing up the fighter jets for now but there should be an upgrade of some kind.

Also those leftist groups are a pain. Acting as if the police were taking away their right to demonstrate.

Yes, those are disappointing omissions. I think the President has not yet decided to back FOI and he did not want to aggravate China further. He knows the path he is taking and no legislation is required. He probably also wanted to hit corruption as hard as he could, and man did he.

That .357 Magnum is metaphorically aimed at the ff:

1. corrupt civil servants
    2. remnants of the Marcos (Enrile, Tatad, Honasan, etc), Arroyo (Arroyo sons), and Estrada (Ejericito sons) regimes
    3. extreme leftists
    4. CBCP

They are the obstacles to good governance and economic progress. Marginalize them all!

4. chonoon says:

That reminds me of Hawaii magnum P I he missed his target …either chasing women and fast car or most likely noynoying !:)

I am looking forward for Benigno Aquino to go after that PMA bastard riding on scrawny malnourished human horse in amphibious military assault of Spratleys.

Super Z to the rescue. This time no guns blazing. I just wonder who scripted the rescue.

When the usually cynical Teddy Locsin pays tribute and categorically states that this is the president we need, you know the guy must have really done/ been doing something good.

Eat your hearts out CBCP, Bayan, UNA and yes that basher benign0 and partner ilda, you still have three more years to stew and simmer away in your bitter BS and contemptuous brew. Until the flesh falls off the bone and all that is left of you is that hard unpalatable core. Gone to the dogs for you then or head for the bin with the rest of the day’s garbage. Your pick.

1. I have just read – skimmed actually – the SONA and the scope and breadth of it is amazing.

1.1. It shows PNoy’s attachment to details and we know that the devil is in the details. This is a hands-on president, no doubt about it.

1.2. I gather the main criticisms are (a) the lack of vision and (b) the absence of any mention of the FOI bill and the pork barrel.

1.3. I think item (a) is off the mark. The vision of a just and clean society was established during the 2010 campaign. This 4th SONA is part realization of that vision. And the President is saying here we are at this milestone, we have done certain things, but there is so much more to do.

1.4. The omission of FOI is disappointing. The problem of the pork barrel has been there for ages but only lately has blown up because of new revelations. To expect PNoy to wave a magic wand over it and make it disappear just like that would be to outdo Disney, and that only happens in the movies.

1.5. There has also been some muttering about the costumes. I am two-minded about it. The SONA is the Filipino equivalent of the Oscar, the Emmy and the Golden Globes, all rolled into one. It should showcase the best of society in their splendiferous finery, although admittedly most of the best are the worst. And surely there is some trickle down to the tailors, the seamstresses, the shoemakers, the chauffeurs and the retailers. (You should see the bells and whistles on the town crier proclaiming the new royal birth.)

1.6. 2016. That is on the mind of PNoy and of almost every concerned Filipino. To PNoy, he sees himself as laying the groundwork for the future, the “transformation of society” as he calls it in the SONA. Should the Filipino look to the future with trepidation or with anticipation?

1.7. A leader can only do so much. From Buddha to Jesus, part of the message has been: Help yourself and help others as yourself.

(NB. I am aware the basis of the above is a “phantom scripture” but there are enough Biblical verses to support the teaching. The first part would be the “Parable of the Talents” and the second part is covered by too many verses to enumerate.)

I look at trepidation the “transformation of society” as Benigno lays the groundwork for the future. The next president will bemeasued against Benigno Aquino as the benchmark. It will not be easy for the next presidency provided the Philipine Media do their part as watchdog, which I doubt.

1.2 Also omission of a strong statement against China is cited by some. So we have: vision, FOI, pork and China as omissions.

The speech expresses the vision that, before we do anything else, we have to get rid of corruption. You are right, that is the vision he was elected on and it was there. Boy was it there.

FOI. I think he has not stated a position on it, has reservations, and simply did not want to discuss it.

Pork. He said plenty about corruption. I have no doubt it will get addressed thoroughly.

China. He likely sought (thoughtfully, as is his style) to refrain from inflaming the matter further. It requires no legislation. His path is clear: arbitration and defense build-up.

1.5 I like the elegance of the occasion, frankly. It elevates the importance of this progress check. And it is a celebration of the beauty of democracy. Among the ladies, Senator Pia celebrated most elegantly, in my eyes.

1.6 will be Grace Poe, so not to worry, good heart and good deeds and further achievement will align like the stars. I need to do a blog about that soon, as I can pontificate politically freely now that we are outside the election cycle.

1.2. Yes, missed China and agree that was deliberate. The issue is now within international arbitration and best to leave it there.

9. ella says:

Wow! what ah SONA. I wish you all the luck and sending you all the positive force of the whole universe.

He needs all the support that all thinking Filipinos can give him.

10. J says:

My favorite line was when he asked the NIA, Immigration, and Customs: “Saan kayo kumukuha ng kapal ng mukha?” (The official English translation, “Where do you get the gall?” doesn’t quite capture it.)

I wonder who crafted the speech. Any idea? I presume he used a speech writer. I’ve done speech writing for Corporate CEO’s. It’s tricky, getting into someone else’s head (especially if he is Japanese, ahahahaha). Whoever wrote the close of this one is terrific.

The literal translation would be: “Where did you get that thickness of face?”

The answer would be, “But I’m Asian, that is my natural face!”. 🙂

11. essie says:

Hi Joe. I’m interested to see your take on this:

My heart goes to the policeman. He was just doing his job. Poor guy. I hope he’s feeling better.

I think the white kid in the policeman’s face is one of the ugliest souls I have ever seen in my life. Today’s blog touches on that. He is a savage. The policeman is most of us on most days, just doing our job.

We have a condition in the United States called “road rage”. It usually occurs during traffic incidents on the busy freeways. It flares violent because the driver’s don’t see or feel the humanity of the other car; it is just a piece of metal that has offended them. Protesters often become like that, insulated from real feelings by mob support. I respect the right of people to make a statement, but usually, I find protests demeaning of innocent people and civil discourse.

• The Mouse says:

He is a Dutch national. In forums, there was a photo going on in forums where he was with Joma Sison.

No wonder the Philippine government prohibited foreign nationals to protest in the Philippines. Messier when these people get in touch with the NPA thugs and their partylist fronts. Per Philippine law, he must be deported and blacklisted.

Sometimes, I feel that the best strategy for this kind of protestors (“extreme leftist”) is to deploy female anti riot police. Why? It gives less leverage to protestors to “play the victim”. A lot of responsibility will fall on them if a lot of female police were hurt. Hehehehe. Psy war, plain and simple.

I’d limit the size of authorized protests to 100 people. What happens with large crowds is the mob rule takes over and seals the protesters off in an irrational and often violent little bubble that fails to respect and have compassion for others. The rights of the innocent are denied by the mob. So laws should correct that and protect the innocents from protesters.

• patrioticflip says:

I don’t care if you think it’s effective, bloodied female cops is not something people want to see on the evening news. -patrioticflip

• The Mouse says:

Exactly.

In effect, the public will loose any traces of sympathy for these extreme leftist.

As in the last line in my last comment, it is PSY WAR. You see, in addition, female cops are held in higher regard than male cops.

Psy war vs Psy war.

The most important thing for the PH to accomplish against these extreme leftist is to get the public to mistrust them and NOT vote for them to congress (partylist)

12. Tokwa says:

If he really means it then he should have accepted Biazon’s resignation, IMHO it is nothing more than a lip service.

Good of you to visit and comment, Tokwa.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. I’d have to explore Biazon’s history and track record, and exactly when he took over Customs. I rather think taking over Customs is like trying to have a police chief run the mafia. No simple deal. But I think calling the whole department out on national television like that is QUITE a statement, a strong one. I don’t think it was lip service, but we’ll see what the fallout is over the next few months. Your skepticism I’m sure is shared by a lot of people who have seen little change in Customs for 3 years.

• Tokwa says:

It is common knowledge that the BOC of the Philippines is one of the most corrupt department in our country and being its commissioner will be no easy task. But after being in office for more than 1.5 years, the situation only got worst. IMHO it is more than enough evidence that he is not qualified for the job.

Calling out the whole department on national television and not accepting the resignation of its commissioner doesn’t fly well with me. It is like saying one thing, then doing the opposite.