Welcome to joeam.com

Coron12

The Philippines is beautiful, eh? Dynamic. Yes, troubled in some respects. And on the move . . .

The Philippines is the primary subject of this blog, along with cross-cultural issues that are pertinent to understanding the Philippines.

Copopeyengratulations on finding your way to the new Society of Honor blog site. You have earned one Golden Popeye for your success.

The Society of Honor has changed blogging platform to Word Press to facilitate a richer, layered discussion thread. JoeAm seeks to move from a largely binary discussion format where he engages most comments one-on-one to a multi-dimensional discussion format where participants engage each other.

Word Press facilitates this well.

Please bookmark joeam.com for ease of return, or better yet, select the “follow” option in the right column. Share posts generously using any of the social group links shown after each blog.

All the older Society blogs have been imported here, alas with some degradion of format here and there. The blogs are archived as well at  http://thesocietyofhonor.blogspot.com. Blogs here at the Word Press site will be re-indexed to facilitate a better filtering of similar subjects. This will take a little time to complete.

The goals of the site have been restated in the right column in a “Note from the Editor“. We will continue the principle of not moderating comments as long as the discussion is for the most part respectful.

If there are hiccups in the implementation of the new site, please bear with the Editor as he is a marketing guy. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome, either here in the comment thread or via the e-mail address shown in the “Contact Us” tab.

Here’s to flexibility, patience, and good humor.

Joe

Comments
21 Responses to “Welcome to joeam.com”

Hooray! A new arena for the Society! Let the games begin!

2. Edgar Lores says:

Still getting used to the new format. Just from a visual perspective, there’s more that meets the eye. Rather than a straightforward focus on the latest offering, there’s a smorgasbord; rather than one smashing photo, there are several which seem to be sharper. I have always thought that there’s more here than meets the eye. Now that the focus is sharper, perhaps others will be able to see more. 🙂

Yes, with happy faces and layered comments that hopefully will lead to something called “dialogue”. One Golden Popeye to the Society’s official Buddha, in intellectual bent, if not size. 🙂 🙂

Welcome back! I trust the family holiday went well.

Love the new sleek look. (Of the site, that is). Although I won’t be surprised if any one of the three of you is looking mighty fine from all the recent shopping 🙂

Thanks, Cha. It’s good to be back. We’re actually all a little chubbier. As an offset, the wallet is a litte thinner and my wife’s neck and arms are a little sparklier. We had a delightful time but it is great to be back to the laid-back Philippines.

One Golden Popeye to you for stopping by the new dot com.

4. JosephIvo says:

Thanks for reminding that I’m getting old… My favorite newspaper just changed its lay-out and I was upset for a few days, couldn’t click automatically, couldn’t find some articles immediately. Now I see it as faster and easier to navigate. Your new site had the same designer I guess and I had the same reaction. I then realized that wanting to see and do the same things is not a sign of youthful enthusiasm.

Nice to see unstoppable progress anyhow and to read about a happy family.

What is it about the comforts of sameness, I wonder, that correlates with the additional years on this planet? Do we get afraid of the risks? Impatient with confusion of new routines? Tired of being jerked around? Let me assure you, that I like the old routines, too, as long as they work. But we need layered dialogue to keep the conversations ordered and sensical. We have some of the best discussions in the blogosphere, I think, and that should be an important attribute to nurture.

So to get there, we had to change. Still, you have earned your Golden Popeye, even though Popeye may appear a bit grumpy . . .

5. Impressive layout. Good luck with your new blog site.

6. patrioticflip says:

Good thing it’s still easy to comment. Good customer service is so hard to find these days in thsi country.

By any chance, have you read this post on Huff Post?

I love the bit about Orientals.

7. GabbyD says:

Why did u move?

8. Mel NL says:

Now, I know why you have not made any recent comments in Raissa Robles’ blog. You were on vacation and also avoiding the politics for certain reasons. Big thanks for creating a more simple name for your website.

Hi Mel. A Golden Popeye to you. I got into an “awkward” dialogue with Alan at Raissa’s site, so took some time off to cool down. Time works better than medication to cure some headaches. But that is history now, so I’ll get re-engaged over there as the topic inspires me to. I avoid election issues, conceding matters to official citizens.

9. cristy bontuyan says:

I just signed up. Am a fan!